2) In the section called "Security" click "Password Protect Directories"
3) A popup window will come up titled "File Manager Directory Selection"
To password protect a directory in the root directory, public_html, select the option "Web Root (public_html/www)"
To password protect a directory within a directory in public_html, select a folder from the drop-down menu under "Document Root for"
4) Select the folder you wish to protect by clicking on its name. Or, to view more folder within a folder, click on that folder's icon.
5) Security Settings:
Password protect this directory: Check this.
Name the protected directory: Type in a name you would like to call this directory
6) Create a user by entering a desired username and password. You must add a user/users to access the directory from the web.
Click "Add/modify authorized user"
You can add many users to be able to access your protected directory.
Under Authorized Users, you can delete users who have access to this directory.
- 2 Utilizadores acharam útil
SpamAssassin is an additional feature that we offer to our customers. If you would like to have...
1. Log into your Hostmetro cPanel account (yourdomain.com/cpanel). 2. Locate the Preferences...
From the cPanel, go to Cron jobs, select Standard, and enter (between the quotes)...
All of Hostmetro's accounts come with a powerful statistic too call Awstats. This program...
Hotlinking is when someone displays your images (or other media) on their website by directly...