*Important: You should keep your own backup copy of your web site as well. Do not rely solely on the backup provided by your web host. Having multiple backups in different locations provides security against permanently losing information.
*Note: A complete web site backup file includes everything - from web pages to images to scripts to access logs. A large site will have a large backup file and will take some time to download.
To download a backup file:
1. Click on the Backup button in the Control Panel.
2. Click on the Weekly backup file to download the entire system backup for the indicated time, or click on the link
underneath the required area to download an SQL, Alias, or Filter backup file. Refer to Generating a backup if you need to generate
a backup first before downloading it.
Note: To download any previous stored backups, click on the Generate/Download a Full Backup link, and click on any backup that is listed.
3. Save the file to disk.
Note for Windows users: This file is in .tar.gz format (a GZIP archive file that contains a TAR archive file). This is a common
archive format used on Unix machines, in the same way that .zip is a common Windows archive format. Most compression utilities
should be able to uncompress a .tar.gz file.
- 3 Users Found This Useful
SpamAssassin is an additional feature that we offer to our customers. If you would like to have...
1) Log in to cPanel. 2) In the section called "Security" click "Password Protect...
1. Log into your Hostmetro cPanel account (yourdomain.com/cpanel). 2. Locate the Preferences...
From the cPanel, go to Cron jobs, select Standard, and enter (between the quotes)...
All of Hostmetro's accounts come with a powerful statistic too call Awstats. This program...