Primary nameserver: ns1.hostmetro.com
Secondary nameserver: ns2.hostmetro.com
Addon Domains will not be functional unless the domain name is registered with a valid registrar and configured to point to our DNS servers. After the domain has resolved to the hosting server (generally takes about 24-48 hours for ISPs to completely pick up the change), you can log in to your hosting account control panel.
Within the cPanel:
1) In the Domain section, click the "Addon Domains" option.
2) In "New Domain Name" put in the name of your new, registered domain. For example: If you new domain is mydomain.com, simply put mydomain.com. Don't include http:// or www.
3) In "Subdomain/Ftp Username" type in a username you will use to access this domain. The automatic username created for you will be the same name as your domain name. For example, if your domain name is mydomain.com, the default username will be mydomain. You can change this if you like.
4) A document root folder will be created for you automatically. For example, mydomain.com will automatically be placed in a folder called mydomain.com within the public_html folder. It is recommended that you keep this default setting.
5) Create a password.
You have now added a domain to your hosting account!
You can upload your files for this website to the directory that was specified in the Addon Domain setup process. For example: Your main domain's files will be placed in public_html/. The addon's files will be located in public_html/mydomain.com/.
Host Metro allows you to host unlimited domains.
If you would like to avoid downtime while performing this process, first create a folder within your public_html directory using the same name as your addon domain. (XYZ.com would be /public_html/xyz/) Then, upload all your files for that domain into the new directory. Then, give us a call, and we will set up the shell for that domain to point to your files. Lastly, point the nameservers to ns1.hostmetro.com, and ns2.hostmetro.com, and you will eliminate downtime altogether.
- 5 Users Found This Useful
No. Your domain is accessible both my http://yourdomain.com and...
When you change hosting companies it will be necessary to change your domain name nameserver...
Setting up a subdomain is very easy. Login to your cPanel 1) In the Domain section, click the...
No. Domain Registry of America and other companies have no connection to Host Metro, and we do...
The domain name registration probably hasn't propagated yet. It takes approximately 24 - 72...